Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Candy is back in form of Coco

Dear Candy,
“Sorry, I know, I am writing to you after around five months gap, but for a reason, I have got someone who is now helping me in regaining my writing strength. Yes, your brother Coco, sleeping just adjacent to me in your mom’s room at GMCH 32. Your photo frame on the side table kept inviting, as if you inspiring “Write Papa, Write Papa. Start addressing me”. So, here I am with my words for you love.
It was a much awaited morning after a sleepless night for both of us. Poonam anxiously waiting for series of injections and dripping before surgery without having her breakfast. It was the same private ward of the said hospital where last time Poonam recovered with her first pregnancy in 2007. I have no option but to sooth her with pleasant devotional songs buzzing out of my laptop. Candy, sometime, I feel so sorry for your mother, who bears the pains of end number of injections and other form of piercing to compensate your absence. Every pain from her senses, kills me. But she, infact is a brave lady, manages. There was no curiosity, no further discussions concerning boy or girl. By heart I was expecting a baby girl, as we want to see our own Candy again in form of a baby girl. Your albums preserved in my laptop gives us little time to ease off. I tend to be too strong, but for a moment felt so week to control my tears. Your every frame with us, really counts. We think of you everyday but today your remembrance everywhere.
So, a boy or a girl - In my own personal opinion, it hardly cost us. I was discussing with Poonam, A girl has to go her bride’s native like you whereas I can foresee circumstances down the line 25 to 30 years later from now, when a son would leave his parents for the better avenues. Sometime I rues on myself despite of our love and affection with each other, I barely 500 metres away from my parents home, not living with them, settled in my own lifestyle. Over the last three years, I defined my own routine, no parental control on me, thus leading a royal routine or say Break free. My predictions suggest, we also play a sensible parents to leave Coco in his own lifestyle.
Outside Operation Theatre, it a moment like which I never went before neither I would again. I have never been so nervous even before any house test/examination or say…. my interview at Airtel. My anxious moments last for 90 minutes which would truly be unforgettable in lifetime. Chatting on my Blackberry or SMSing fails to kill that time. Last time when Candy was born in March 2007, I was having chill out in Mehli Mounts (Shimla), somewhere in the middle of my business. But now, as if time want to test my patience. And when, a loud call for Poonam’s attendants dominates the hospital crowd, seems like soothers for my ears. I just want know Poonam’s well being. “Yes, she is OK. Here’s your baby” said the nurse. Cool and calm soul, with winking eyes, weighting as like cotton roll bundle in pinkish look never cried. Gender hardly bothers me. Ohh !!! That’s baby boy after glueing Coco’s downside portion. His hold in my arms was a much awaited relief which we missing every since you left us love. Warmth of an “own” baby hard to narrate, describe but can only be feel.
Thank You Poonam of bearing pain and Candy please continue to bless you little brother from up there.
Stay Connected”
Your’s loving Dad
Sudeep Rawat

No comments:

Post a Comment