Thursday, January 8, 2009

Unpacking for Candy II or Coco. Say Amen !!!

Dear Candy,
"That was an unfavourable morning all together. As usual, after a stretched affair with my laptop on the bed last night, when I waked up silence gripped me. Away from the Poonam’s chiii chiii, there was no such rush for bringing your shit pot and to change your huggy. So as, no hurry to prepare bed tea for your mom. The sunray beaming at our bedroom which allows your little eyes to open and sweet little mouth for a pleasing yawn, were trying for their hide. The deserted bed, once used to be your playground now starts pinching me now and than. Ohhh ! It took me no time to realise your absence.

Love, believe me, that was the horrible start of the day.

Refilled with bit of courage, as I inches towards the wash basin for teeth brushing, your little toothbrush again reminds you. Your little teeth recently had a taste of Colgate. I still remember the day, when I brought a little toothbrush, you start copying us moment we unpacked it. What a delight for our eyes wondering little Candy grasping manners so early. Today, I am numb standing in front of mirror scolding the morning of December 18.

Nearly after three weeks of your demise, I prepared myself for a new start leaving your Mom back home in Chandigarh. The moral support which steered me to the Mandi (HP), Aneesh left no stone unturned bringing my spirit back. Can you believe that Candy, Aneesh hardly took four days to recover himself for his routine corporate presentation from the moment his loving sister Neerja Bhanot was sprayed with terrorists’ bullets while she was rescuing the lives of fellow passengers in PanAm Airways at Karachi Airport in 1986. That what Shanti says Time is a biggest healer.

Yesterday, when I unlocked the door, every moment of the black days strikes me. That’s our TV room where I was having my breakfast and you repeatedly saying no no to the parantha bite. Her blanket and heater was untouched from the same scene. Poonam’s half left breakfast giving the foul smell. Your Dolly lying grounded posing her head downwards, as if she is not happy with my arrival without Candy. Love, really I don’t have any reply for your toys. Your wardrobe is now unattended crying for her mistress. Your multi coloured little shoes wants you. No one is there to pick littering toys at your favourite corner. Soon they all will be packed in a big cartons and InshaAllah will be unpacked for Candy II or Coco.

Meanwhile, you please stay connected."




Your loving Dad
Sudeep Rawat

No comments:

Post a Comment