Sunday, January 18, 2009

The final Parikarma of Devbhoomi

Dear Candy,
"Precisely a month ago, these rueful hands buried you to say good bye from all of us. Today, the 18 January has changed the world for all of us. Your mother wants some more time to recover which made me to have forceful transfer for my hometown of Chandigarh. Leaving back to same residence at Mandi (HP) always becomes a nightmare for me whereas your mom wouldn’t like come back to Himachal Pradesh. Once upon a time, places where, I love to zoom both of you is turning out to be our least favoured destinations. That’s all for a reason, we, now associated each place with you.
Love, finally, I moved to Chandigarh which infact, was appreciated by each one. Your grandparents are eagerly waiting for me. They haven’t been served by anyone of their sons. Sandychef, for the sake of his career left CITCO (Chandigarh Administration)’s job for Seychelles and this made me realised, if I could do a little for my parents. Your mother needs me for her gradually recovery. Moreover, I don’t feel like staying back in HP. Farewell can’t be so easy. Before, I adieued that place, I once again extensively covered all major destinations which I love to chase during my stint. I would be sharing my visit to Manali-Mcleodganj-Shimla in following travelouge blogs. I missed you love all around. If someone could helped me to have the final parikarma of the Devbhoomi was none other than your all time fan - Lovely Sodhi.
Darling, tomorow is my first day in HO. I have compromised with my profile. So, it’s a new start. New place, New work place, New Office, New Colleagues, New Profile, Everything would be new. Your dad is strong enough to cope up with all.
Bless me from there.
Stay connected.


Your loving Dad.
Sudeep Rawat


..........And here goes my blog “The final Parikarma (circumference) of Devbhoomi (Part - One)


Leaving someone is not an easy affair. So, as for me to leave Himachal Pradesh. The place which I scaled every inches during my over two years stint in Airtel, emotes me even now. My romanticism starts with Himachal starts when we used to bunk classes during school times for Kasuali, a picturesque hill station, off track to Kalka-Shimla highway. On January 2, 2007, I was assigned for handling the Media & Communication affairs of Bharti Airtel Limited and than Marcom after Himachal merged with Punjab and Haryana. My two years stint provided me three different locales i.e. Shimla, Dharamsala and Mandi, (in terms of transfers) which, infact happily accepted not only by me but also by my family. My family had beared the chill and the snow of Shimla, than wetty downpours of Dharamsahala (Dharamsala btw. received the maximum rainfall after Cheerapunji and Mausinryn) and finally oven baked heat of Mandi. Weather had never been a problem for us rather our romanticism getting its heights with the passage of time.
And last week, when I got the news of my transfer to Chandigarh, there was a mixed feeling infused in me. Homecoming for the family and Goodbye to my hills. Anyways…. I planned my tour for HP to refreshening my memories for the last time. Candy, you were missing so as your mom. Even that couldn’t deter my mind. I started my journey from Mandi towards Manali on the auspicious day of Shoza, a new year day for the local natives of Kullu. I was well supported by the experienced drive of Lovely Sodhi, one of my Punjabi friend. Mandi or say Chotti Kashi due to its 80 odd temples (big and small scattered across the town) on the bank of mighty river Beas. Today, I could be probably seen the last sun of Mandi leaving my memories behind. I still remembered, I drove numerous time with Candy and Poonam, probably this could be last one for me as well. The Mandi-Manali Highway leading along the sineous river Beas made everyone to lend all senses on their ABC (Accerlater, Brakes and Clutches) and of course steering. Beautiful Pandoh always used to stop us enroute to see the massive resorvoir. Moving ahead, Mata Hadongi temple, who intrestingly shared its premises along the other side of river, stops every time for a head bow down but this time I didn’t. I smartly posed taking temple at my backdrope just for my memory. Numerous small towns or clusters like Thalaut, Aut, Panaras, Bajaura, Bhunter continue to impressed me as usual but this time with an emotional feel as well.
On reaching Kullu, my hungry tummy, as usual asked for Siddu. Yahh Siddu, a native maida/dough dish which is having the ingredients of Poshtdana or Afeemdana always tempted me. I still remember my journalist friend from Kullu, Shalini introduced me to this one and since then, every time I landed in Kullu never left this town without having it. This time again, we had the same taste at Delhi Siddu wala, a counter which sells same outside the Lal Chand Prarthi Open Auditorium at Kullu. Sodhi captured those moments with my entire journalist friends.
By God, I have emotionally associated with this place. Sometime, I used to tell Poonam, If Lord blessed me with ample amount of money, I wish to have just two rooms dwelling in this part of the world. Which surely I would be. Posing in front of historic Dhalpur Maidan, I can’t forget my those two weeks which I spent here for International Kullu Dusherra Festival in October last year.
This time, we preferred routing Manali via left bank which allow us to have the views of Seobagh, a beautiful Budhhist monestry, Naggar, village Prini (popularily known as village of Atal Bihari Vajpayee because than PM used to vocate here) The route refreshes my bygone memories. Apple trees, from where once, I steal a apple for Poonam, Buddhist monestry where Mom and daughter beautiful posed with young lamas, villages, thick lush green woods, cattles grazing on green pastures, touching clouds dominating the greenry and ofcourse that temple, where Poonam, Candy, Nonu and me were invited when we stopped a car to witnessed a wedding ceremony in a enrouting temple at Prini. As I was inching towards Manali memories and despration to capture every moments continues to enroused. Don’t know the arrival of Manali.
Ohh Yahh… we had a good time here in Manali when Sandychef, Nonu, Appu, Dayal and me were here in connection with world toughest known Car rally “Raid de Himalaya”. Tons of Mauz Masti during the Airtel's sponsered Car rally. Nonu even still pleads for the same event. That rally didn't come again for me and Airtel. Every time I used to come for Manali Hotel Association, Airtel’s partners for many reasons. This time no such meeting or courtsy visit but a round of The Mall road upto Mata Hadimba Temple which is nestled in green forest. This year's delay in snowfall which resulted thin arrival of tourists hardly concerned me. I satisfied myself with the silver finishing of snow mounted on the hill top. I met everyone (whom I deal) there with a brief halts conveying each one my “Aakhri Salaam”. I continue to glance the venue of Apple Festival in last November, where my pie Candy had a taste of Apple pie. After having my late evening lunch, Sodhi’s continous affair with my his camera allured me to have my more photo shoots. And that what I did.
Returning back to Kullu via little towns of Patlikuhal, Raisen seems asking to me, “Sudeep aglee baar kabb aaogey” and me as if me replying “Shaayad jaldi laut aunga eik naye chotey mehmaan ke saath
Say Amen.....

No comments:

Post a Comment